Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I feel it all/I feel it all.

It's a cute dress day today. I have on my new teal dress with the flowery black applique and my bright yellow shoes. I was going to wear tights, then remembered it's freaking 80 degrees by the end of the day, not like a normal place in November where you need to wear tights during this time of year. I almost put on the new shoes, but then decided to save them for...well, I don't know, just save them.
I can't get that phone call from yesterday out of my head. I walked in the door at 5:30pm and my phone rang. The call came up "No Caller ID", but I answered anyway. I had just called my friend so I thought he was calling me back. I asked why it didn't show his name, he said he was calling from another phone. I said "Oh, so and so's phone?" and he said "Yeah". It sounded like him, but it sounded like him when he's stoned. He had an answer for everything, which kept me engaged in the conversation for half an hour. He started talking dirty to me, which was unexpected and so I stopped it, then he led me down this conversational path that was the emotional equivalent of an M.C. Escher painting. He said he had wanted me all this time and when I said "Why didn't you say anything before?" he said "I thought you would get mad" What? Are you kidding me? I was in disbelief the whole time, part of me wanted to believe it, at some point I acquiesced, told him that I had been thinking about him, too. We talked for a bit about all the things we wanted to do to each other. He asked me why I didn't say anything before, I told him because it was his job to say something first. I still didn't believe it was him, I asked him what his sister's name was, he said "Oh come on!" like I was the one acting weird. He told me he didn't want me to break his heart. I promised I wouldn't if he promised me the same thing.
I went to therapy with my heart racing. I had a few other things I wanted to cover, but this trumped them. He told me he wanted to see me as soon as I was done at my appointment and that he would call me at 8:30. At 9:00pm I texted him "did you call earlier?" the response came back quickly - "no". Okay. Duped again. The last time something like this happened was on Saturday, March 22, 2008 at 10:13pm, the reason I remember this so clearly is because I transcribed the whole conversation and called my friend and the cable company to find out who this could have been. It freaked my freak. What are the chances that it was the same crank caller? What are the chances that this guy is lying? What are the chances that I'm going slowly insane? And I can't help but wonder, what is wackier - A random stranger calling after over a year and a half and messing with my head on a stupid prank call (twice!) or that I suspended my disbelief enough to consider that it was really this friend saying those things to me?
After I decided to just turn on the tv and relax, a hissing sound presented itself from under my sink in the kitchen. Next thing I know, the property's handyman is ripping up my cabinets to shreds and shoving towels underneath to soak up all the water. I'm still trying to let go of all the thoughts about the phone call, the emotions and the attachment to the outcome I had - also trying to figure out the connection between that and the sink incident. That should keep me busy for a day or two...

No comments:

Post a Comment