Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Run for cover!

Today there was a very important meeting at work and the person who usually sets up is out of town so I had to cover for her. I woke up this morning after pressing the snooze button eight times. That put me, well, in a hurry to get out the door. I put on this outfit that I thought would look fabulous, rethought it for a second when I realized I would be fidgeting with the top all day, but then decided to commit to the choice when it was time to get out the door and into my car.

By the time lunch rolled around, the shirt was all stretched out and exposing me more than I anticipated, I had my purple sweater to cover me, the only problem is that it's 70 degrees outside and this sweater is wool, it's light, but it's still wool. So I was sweating, and trying to keep myself covered, and killing ants in the kitchen, and putting out the coffee - all the while trying to keep it cool, get people signed in and get them to the meeting. I went to a store at lunch to try on some shirts that were only $20 and hoped would save me, but they did not, so I bought myself a sandwich, put the shirt on backwards, put my sweater on, and I was all set.

Last night was not restful. A friend of mine from work pulled me aside yesterday because he finally decided to tell me that the girl he was going out with was the one I had suspected all along (but was never really quite sure of until he confirmed it). I never said anything to either of them about the other and I sure didn't let on that I suspected they were a couple because, well, I'm good at my job (also didn't want to get involved). He lied to her, she figured it out. They fought. He says he should be able to talk to his friends about her, but I'm not "allowed" to talk to her about him anymore. Also, she does not know that I know. I suggested he just tell her the truth. He very quickly said "No way". Then I proceeded to spend most of the night trying to remember whether or not she had already told me and also whether or not she had sworn me to secrecy as well for the same thing so that she could pump me for information from him. Then I got mad at both of them and yelled at the air. Do we see how much of a goat fuck this is, people? Why don't you two crazy ass motherfuckers just talk to each other and leave me out of it? No one cares that you are having sex, I sure don't want that visual, so just go fuck and fight amongst yourselves and leave the rest of us out of this. Thankyouverymuch.

I don't know if by calling people "this guy at work" and "that lady who is my friend" is omitting enough detail to cover up these people's identities, their words and their actions. Who's to say that just by reading this you wouldn't figure out who they all are. I know my audience is smart, but I also know that most of the people in the building don't know most of the other people in the building. Am I being vague enough in my descriptions? Am I covered?

No comments:

Post a Comment